The stove was great but when we stayed overnight we found that there was smoke leakage when you put a new log on the fire. A trip round the shops that sell woodburning fires revealed that they ALL had 6 inch flue pipes. The pipe I had used was 4 inches. I bought stainless steel flue in 3 pieces and made a collar. Put on a roof insulator to prevent the pipe from burning the ceiling and finished it off with a chinamans hat. I added a bracket to secure the top section. It rained for almost a solid week whilst I was without a chimney and cutting the larger hole in the roof was challenging with water pouring down my arms. I spent the day in the container with the stove door open and no smoke came into the living area. Hurrah.
Archive for the ‘Wood Burning Stove’ Category
The evenings at the container were getting cooler and it was apparent a heat source was needed. Wood burning stoves are not cheap and the budget was low. After a short while a ‘safe” became available and Robin and I made a stove with some help from Jacob. Robin incorporated the tie down hooks into the design of the drop latches. The fire works a treat and we are all very proud of it.